Commercial Vehicle Insurance Programs

Primary Liability Insurance and Optional Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance

Primary Liability Insurance coverage protects you from damage or injuries to other people as a result of a truck accident. This coverage is mandated by state and federal agencies and proof of coverage is required to be sent to them.  We provide coverage limits ranging from $35,000 to $1,000,000.  Pricing is dependant on region, driving records, and history of the trucking operation.  For a more detailed description of this coverage visit our information center.

Physical Damage Insurance is coverage for your truck and trailer. This coverage is for repair or replacement for damage resulting from things such as collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism to your owned vehicles. Pricing is based on the value of your equipment and usually pays a percentage of that value.  This coverage may be required by the lien holder of your vehicle.


Motor Truck Cargo Insurance

Motor Truck Cargo insurance protects the transporter for his responsibility in the event of damaged or lost freight. The policy is purchased with a maximum load limit per vehicle.  Coverage limits can range from $10,000 to $100,000 with excess policies available upon request.  Pricing for this insurance is mainly dependant on the type of cargo being hauled.


Trailer Interchange

Trailer Interchange Insurance is coverage for the legal liability of truckers for loss or damage to non-owned trailers and equipment which are in the insured's possession under a written trailer interchange agreement.


Non-Trucking Liability (Bobtail Liability)

Non-Trucking Liability (Bobtail Coverage) provides limited liability insurance for owner-operators who are permanently leased to an ICC regulated carrier. It provides limited liability protection when the owner-operator is not on dispatch, nor pulling a loaded trailer. For example, this coverage would apply when the owner-operator gets their truck washed or brings their trucks into a shop for repairs. Once the owner-operator is under dispatch, they are covered under the Primary Liability insurance policy of the company that they are leased to.


FHWA Authority / ICC Authority

Interstate Operating Authority is permission granted by the federal government to transport regulated freight across state lines. Interstate Operating Authority is now granted by the Office of Motor Carrier Safety Administration under the auspices of the Federal Highway Authority. Unlike many of the other regulations governing interstate operations, there is no minimum weight
threshold that requires compliance. Any vehicle operating for hire in interstate transportation of regulated freight or passengers must have operating authority.  Our in-house ICC practitioner can handle all of your necessary filings.